We're looking for a Lead / Senior Java Developer to join our product development team. We look for someone who can help us by making a significant impact on our development practices and processes.
We want you to work with us on a software and data architecture design, designing and developing modular and scalable systems, and possible - technically leading our team. We use several techniques to get into details of features and helping us with scoping, including Event Storming, User Story Mapping, Example Mapping, C4 modeling, and more.
About Talent Alpha
Talent Alpha is an enterprise-level talent platform that offers access to best-in-class software engineering talent, as a service. As a marketplace, the company connects global enterprises struggling with closing the ‘tech talent gap’ with small & medium size software houses in Europe.
Syndicating to niche and very focused organizations, we provide a wide range of IT services, meeting the most challenging demands for technology expertise and talent. The platform delivers bias-free matching of IT talent with projects thanks to several engines and modules, including AI-driven ones, that builds a comprehensive profile of every professional in the network, which ultimately delivers a deterministic match with the right project and team.
We’re looking for talented and driven new members of the platform development team to help us deliver the new version of the product!
- 6+ years of solid software development experience, with most of it with Java.
- Ideally experienced in Spring/Spring Boot, JOOQ, PostgreSQL, automated tests (Groovy/Spock).
- Experience with designing and building REST APIs and API based services,
- DevOps skills & experience with cloud solutions and containerization,
- A love for clean code and high-quality solutions,
- High skills with software debugging, code metrics and code analysis,
- Understanding of DDD topics and software design,
- Working experience with BDD,
- Working experience with SQL databases (including optimized querying, indexes, data modeling, and so forth),
- A genuine interest in new technologies, the courage to give them a try, and wisdom to select the right ones,
- Teamwork is crucial for us - we want you to learn and grow with us,
- A passionate and pragmatic approach to software development.
Nice to haves
- Leadership experience and strong communication skills,
- Working knowledge of other software languages, like Python or Golang,
- Understanding and experience on software architectures and patterns around them, especially cloud, distributed and scalable ones,
- Understanding of different data architecture and data processing paradigms, including data streaming, event-driven architectures (and patterns) and more,
- Experience with search engines, data streaming, analytics and processing tools (likes of Elasticsearch, Kafka, Flink and others or cloud based ones),
- Working knowledge of data processing and data analytics,
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD and automation,
- Hands-on experience with cloud solutions (AWS, GCP or Azure),
- Extreme programming experience.
Remember the feeling of ending every day with an accomplishment, when every task you mark as done makes a visible difference and moves the project forward?
This is the kind of work environment we offer.
Our journey has begun. One day, probably pretty soon, we will offer the usual standard benefits but as for now what you gain by joining us is of a different nature:
- An open and agile environment where your voice matters,
- Quality-focused development with code reviews, tests, and frequent deploys,
- We have a well designed, solid, and audited cloud-native infrastructure (GitHub with Google Cloud and Firebase). You can learn and use many top cloud tools every day. Talent Alpha is officially Google Startup Spark!
- An opportunity to learn and grow with the team (you can count on in-house training, online courses, certifications, and more),
- The chance to continuously improve your skills,
- A team of experienced and highly skilled people (both dev & business),
- A startup environment with all the buzz and fun yet with well-established funding,
- The best hardware money can buy,
- Flexible working hours and regularly working remotely, we meet for brainstorming sessions,
- 12-22k PLN gross UoP.